Saturday, May 7, 2011

One Crazy Week

So to start out sorry its been forever since I have posted! Last week was a week of being on pins and needles I was waiting to hear from nursing school. I hadn't heared anything and on Friday Drake went to clinicals! He was talking with some of the other students and they had heard that some people had gotten their reject letters and others had gotten there acceptance letters. So Drake called me after his clinicals and told me that I should probably plan on getting a rejection letter because last year he had gotten his acceptance letter and the next day I had gotten my rejection letter. So after Drake got home I was pretty upset about it and I was crying we both kinda cried and Drake felt so bad! So Sunday night Drake went to work so I went to see my mom and dad! While I was there I told my mom and dad that I most likely didn't get into nursing school. As I was leaving my parents house I told my mom that although I probably didn't get in that I would still have fun in hair school too. On Monday around 3 o clock I made Drake go check the mail just to make sure that I had finally heard about school. Drake and I were about 100 percent sure I was not going to get in! When Drake got back from the mail box I turned around to see Drake white faced and shaking so bad I looked down in his hand he had a big white envelope! He just held it out to me and said you better open it! I started crying and I opened it to find that I actually had gotten into the program. Drake instantly called his parents and I called my mom who started crying! After that I called my dad who was at work in the cath lab! He was shouting and yelling he was so excited! Sorry anybody that was down there he probably scared you into another heart attack!Drake mom was crying when we told her and Drake's dad was really happy for me! My grandma called me crying and Drake's grandma called to congratulate me! After making a million phone calls I turned to Drake who was bailing his eyes out we both cried and hugged each other! This was a really important thing to both of us! Drake started telling me how sweet I was and how deserving I was of it! He was so cute about it then he told me something that still brings tears to my eyes! Before Drake's grandpa passed away he told Drake how sad he was that I was not going to be a nurse! Drake told me how proud Grandpa Jim would have been to see me get into Nursing School! I really feel that me getting into the program was heaven sent and that of course the old bear(Grandpa Jim) had a hand in it! I just want to say thanks to Drake first for him being so sweet and so supportive! He has been my light in the dark! My rock in the storm! He has completely floored me every day with his love and constant support! Love you Boo! My mom and dad for there love and support and motivation to keep going in school! Drake's mom and dad for there love and for all their support! So to sum up this first week in May it has literally been a roller coaster but one that I have really enjoyed and really I can't wait for it to continue! Not only did I get into Nursing school I also graduated with my associates which was really cool! I got to listen to the prophet talk which was great and the best part was that my dad and my sister where actually able to come and see it to! Drake was there as well as my mom! We had a good time although it lasted forever 5 whole hours to graduate it really took a long time! As you can see I was really being a goof about graduation and was just so proud to be an Alumni to the Dixie Red Storm! Sorry little inside joke! HAHA! Thanks everyone for their love and support! Drake and I really appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats shakar! I'm SO happy for you! you definatly deserve it! Love you cute girl!

    ReplyDelete